Sunday, July 18, 2010

Party Girl

On Friday Jeff, Renee and I went to a party in San Francisco.  Jeff's description of the party before we went was that it was hosted by one of his co-workers, the majority of the people there were going to be fellow emplyees, spouses were invited and that there would be a hired bartender.  So, I'm thinking work party, low key, boring. 

Well, it was more than a boring work party, let me tell you!!!  They were taking shots, playing pool, blasting music, dancing, and having a great time.  And Renee had a blast :D  She was very interested in watching what everyone was doing and even let total strangers pick her up and walk around the room with her.  We only stayed a few hours, since it's never fun for a sober person (namely me) to be around ever increasingly drunk people for very long :D  Plus, I was worried about the noise level and Renee's sensitive infant ears.

On our way home we stopped at a CPK in Emeryville for dinner and Renee was so tired from partying that she fell completely asleep while nursing and didn't even notice when I put her down on the booth seat next to me while Jeff and I finished our pizza.  She got lots of curious looks, and tons of awwws from surrounding diners! 

Here she is sound asleep on the booth at CPK.

Then yesterday, we had some great friends from San Mateo over.  And again Renee was very social.  I think everyone took a turn holding her and she didn't mind one bit, smiling and cooing while we chatted.  It looks like our fussy little baby has finally grown into the social butterfly we've always wanted her to be, or at least she's well on her way!

3 comments:

  1. Social butterfly indeed! Take advantage of these pre-stranger-anxiety-gotta-stay-in-Mama's-arms-ALWAYS days while you can! (And the fact that she doesn't roll much yet so you can set her down on booth seats without worry!) =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's funny, I thought we were out of the stranger-anxiety days! She never used to let me hand her to anyone else except Jeff. We're going to have to go through that again?!?! :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, usually around 9 months and then it usually gets pretty intense around 12-18 months, according to the baby books (and what I recall from nannying). Eddie's 11 months and his is getting a bit better...when we were in France at 8ish months it was BAD and I basically held him the entire 10 days we were there.

    ReplyDelete