Friday, January 14, 2011

Renee Walked Today!!

When we picked Renee up from daycare today, one of her teachers told us that she took 6 steps!!  As exciting as that information was, the shock of this unexpected news caused me ask several questions for clarification:

    Teacher:  "Renee took 6 steps today!"
    Me: "You mean on her own?"
    Teacher: "Uh, huh!"
    Me: "She wasn't holding onto anything?"
    Teacher: "Nope"
    Me: "She walked, all by herself?"

And it went on like this for a few more rounds of me basically asking the same question and her politely nodding her head and smiling.  Although, I'm sure by the end of it she would have liked to yell, "YES lady, that IS what I said, isn't it!!!"

Renee was too tired when we got home to even play on her own for long, so Jeff and I will just have to wait until tomorrow to witness her new mobile ability :D  I will be sure to post a video as soon as I am able to get it on film.

In the meantime, here are some cute pictures of her from the last couple of weeks:



Here she is feeding Chico (my parent's chihuahua) some of her Cheerios.  Yes, there is a dog on the kitchen table!!!


She LOVES playing with her cousin Credence!  He was running as fast as he could from the other side of the room and diving onto the ottoman straight towards Renee.  She thought it was hilarious!  I thought there were going to be two crying kids with giant bumps on there head at any moment.  Luckily, I was wrong :D


Our little vampire!  Her eyeteeth are coming in faster than her front teeth, it's pretty goofy looking!


What can I say, poor Kirby dog!!


Mmmmm, spaghetti!  She is finally starting to eat solid food on her own.  Before, if she picked something up and it felt slimy at all, she would look at it in disgust and throw it on the floor.



Jeff picked out this shirt for her.  It says, "Dad Thinks I'm Rad."  It's totally a boy shirt, but she doesn't care!

No comments:

Post a Comment