Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Catching Up

Since I have been having trouble keeping up with blogging these days, I'm going to do a catch up blog of mini-post describing what's been going on lately.

Here we go!

1) April 27 - Renee got new shoes!!


She got her 1st pair of real shoes for her birthday.  They were size 3, they fit her perfectly and they were the cutest little shoes ever!!  Fast forward 2 short months later and Renee hit a growth spurt that necessitated a new pair of size 4.5's!!!  This may hardly seem blog-worthy to most but, 1) her birthday shoes were soooo cute, 2) her new shoes aren't nearly as cute (those are them in the pics above), and 3) it means that my baby girl is growing up too fast :(

Also, I just love the photo series of her playing with my yarn, worth a blog post in itself!

2) April 30 - Trunnelle Family Gathering

We normally do a Christmas get together in early January with Jeff's parents, brother & family, uncle Glen & cousin Rachel.  This year it got delayed . . . a lot, and we didn't get together until the end of April.  No matter, it was great seeing everyone and Renee had a great time hanging out with her little cousin Eric, 

He is only 7 months old and already almost as big as she is. 

and her Grandpa Earl and Grandma Karen.



3) April 30 - Renee's Last Bottle

After everyone left from the family get together, we gave Renee her normal evening bottle.  She was so pooped from all the fun she had had earlier in the day that she fell asleep while she was drinking it.  There is just something so adorable about seeing your fully clothed baby sound asleep in the middle of the floor, surrounded by her toys :D

We didn't know it at the time, but this was Renee's last bottle!
Since she started in the Toddler Room back in February, we had only been giving Renee two bottles a day, one in the morning and one in the evening before her bath.  This was a BIG step for her, she had been drinking 4 or 5 bottles a day previously and had a hard time with the transition.  So, I decided that I would let her have her remaining two daily bottles until she was ready to give them up.  And when she started seeming less interested in them (i.e. not finishing them and not asking for them) we figured it was a good time to take them away completely.  The morning after that picture was taken I gave her a sippy cup with milk instead of her normal bottle, and she was totally fine with it.  And that was that, Renee is officially weened!!!

(I'm not sure if I ever posted anything about this, but just for my own record keeping, I weened her from breastfeeding at around 10 1/2 months old.)


4) May 5 - Strange Child in the Dog Crate
This is just a funny picture of Renee hugging our cat Madame inside of Kirby's dog crate.  I walked into the back room, saw this, laughed at my goofy girl and then ran to go get the camera.  It was too funny!

 
 She loves that crate and is always putting random things from around the house in it.  Whenever Jeff and I can't find something (i.e. a shoe, the remote control, etc.) this is one of the first places we look.

5) May 7 & 8 - Mother's Day Weekend

Renee and Grandma Karen reading a magazine together
We had a super busy Mother's Day weekend.  On Saturday we went to Pleasanton to visit with my step-mom and brother for lunch.  Then we went to Dublin to visit with Jeff's parents for dinner.  And we spent the night at my parent's house in Clayton.  On Sunday we had brunch with my parents.  Then, after I got Renee down for her nap, my mom and I went to get pedicures and do some shopping with my aunt & cousin.  And finally we had a big family dinner at my aunt's house.  It was all a lot of fun, Renee got to see all 3 of her grandmas in one weekend, and my toes are super pretty!! 



1 comment: