Monday, November 1, 2010

Her first Halloween!

I wasn't even going to get Renee a costume this year, she wouldn't know what was going on anyway.  But, my own guilt and a chat with a good friend pushed me over the edge.  So, on Wednesday, only 4 days before Halloween, I took Renee to one of those Spirit Superstores in Sacramento.  What a madhouse that place was!  They had no cute costumes left for babies, and the ones they did have were $30!!!  NO way was I going to spend that much on something she was only going to wear one time and that she wouldn't even remember.

So, then we went to Target, who was selling their very limited selection of costumes they had left at 30% off.  I ended up getting a flower costume for infants 0-6 months old.  Too small for Renee, of course, but that's all they had and I knew I could fix it.  $10.50 on the costume and about 30 minutes with my seam ripper and sewing machine later and my baby girl had her very first Halloween costume.  Not bad, if I do say so myself :D


She wore it to daycare on Thursday for their Fall Harvest Festival.  I knew they were having this festival, and they said costumes were optional, but EVERY single baby was dressed up!  

Renee with her teacher Erika and friends from daycare.

I was so glad I ended up getting a costume for Renee, she would have been the only one not dressed up if I hadn't.

Playing with a baby pumpkin at the Harvest Festival
On Friday, we were supposed to go to my parent's house for dinner, but I ended up getting a major headache (rare for me) and so we stayed home and relaxed instead.

On Saturday, we had dinner with some great friends.  She wore her Halloween shirt that said, "Daddy is under my Spell".  Which, he is!

Happy with Steve O., and that's Katie in the background.

Hanging out with Jane and Steve.

On Sunday, we had breakfast in Vacaville with Jeff's mom and some of her friends.  Then we went home to do some chores before my mom came over to spend the afternoon with us.  And Renee wore her "Baby's 1st Halloween" shirt.   We can thank the local children's consignment store for all her Halloween themed shirts :D

Watching the Giants game with Grandma Denise.
There were only a handful of Trick-or-Treaters, but Renee did enjoy seeing their interesting costumes.  And after such a long and event filled weekend, she was pooped!

All of that Halloween fun made for a very tired baby!!

3 comments:

  1. Oh. My. Garsh. She was SOOO cute in her costume! Seriously, she's the cutest baby girl ever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you and your spouse worse a pot and a water can or a sun of some sort as couples Halloween costumes, you would have been a garden with such costumes, literally taking care of your precious little sunflower! <3

    ReplyDelete