Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Sick Mama

Firstly, I'd like to apologize to my readers (I think there's only like 5 of you out there) for not posting in a while.  Sorry, I'll try to be better, I swear!!

Okay, on with the blog...

So, for this last weekend we had a super busy Saturday planned: Jeff's parents were going to come over for brunch around 10:30am; for which I was going to make a delicious quiche Loraine, a fruit salad, a green salad and some roasted potatoes.  Then, at 2:30 we were going to drive down to San Mateo to have dinner with some great friends that we only get to see every 3 or 4 months.

Well, I woke up Saturday morning at 5am with a really bad stomach ache.  Mistaking it for hunger, I got up to have a bowl of cereal and threw up before I even got to the refrigerator.  I went ahead and ate some cereal anyway, hoping it was still just hunger and went back to bed.  Twenty minutes later my body decided to wage an all out war against any and everything that was in my intestinal tract.  And for the rest of the day I was either on the toilet, had my face in the toilet or passed out in bed.  There went our plans!

Jeff's parents still came over, but instead of having the great brunch I planned, they took Jeff and Renee out to lunch so that I could have the house to myself for a few hours and get some rest.

Renee LOVES her Grandpa Earl and Grandma Karen!  I think because they get such a kick out her antics, and so they're always laughing and smiling, which then makes her laugh and smile more, which then makes them laugh and smile more, and so on.  It's a total snow ball affect :D  Here are some pictures:
  
Poking Grandpa in the face with a spoon!

Trying to steal Grandpa's hat!  He doesn't seem to mind :D

Making Grandma and Grandpa smile.

Jeff spent rest of the day taking care of Renee, taking care of me AND juggling his on-call duties for work!!  Thank goodness he was home, I don't know what I would have done without him!
I finally started feeling better around 5pm, and was able to keep some food down (apple sauce, saltines and chicken broth).  But, man did I feel weak.  Just standing up for a few seconds made me light headed and nauseous.   By Sunday, I was pretty much back to normal, albeit a few pounds lighter!  But, I was still tired, so we just took it easy all day and hung out at home.   

And, changing the subject entirely, here is a picture showing Renee's progress on her most current endeavor: growing teeth!!!


She's got 6 so far.  Look at those choppers!!!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry you were sick! Being nauseous is the worst...I'd sometimes think I'd prefer death! At least Renee was sleeping through the night already so you didn't have to juggle puking with nursing!

    ReplyDelete