Monday, August 23, 2010

Just One of Those Mornings!

  • Got up and started the coffee while Jeff showered.
  • Changed Renee's diaper and got her dressed.
  • Prepared coffee for me and a to-go cup of coffee for Jeff.
  • Nursed Renee.
  • While nursing Renee I also: kissed Jeff goodbye, drank some of my coffee and tried to trim Renee's nails.
  • Showered and got myself dressed while simultaneously entertaining Renee by singing "The Itsy Bitsy Spider" over and over again - she loves that song.
  • Finished trimming Renee's nails (they were long and she was starting to scratch herself - had to be done!).
  • Blow dried my hair while eating a bowl of cereal, not very successfully. 
  • Changed Renee's diaper again, this time it was poopy. 
  • Brushed my teeth.
  • Banged Renee's head on the door of the bathroom (an accident of course, and thankfully not part of a typical morning).  
  • Calmed Renee down by nursing her. 
  • Gathered breast pump supplies.
  • Dropped the frozen hard  ice pack that keeps my breast milk cold all day on the floor about a foot away from where Renee was happily playing, scaring the living bejeesus out of her!
  • Calmed Renee down by going outside and looking at the trees and singing "The Itsy Bitsy Spider".
  • Tried to feed two dogs while holding an upset baby in my arms.  
  • Spilled dog food all over the floor.  
  • Let the dogs clean up the mess.
  • Gathered Renee's food, diapers and blankets for daycare.
  • Gave the cat her medication.
  • Rinsed out my half full cup of coffee and half eaten bowl of cereal. 
  • Made sure both dogs went to the bathroom. 
  • Crated Kirby.
  • Checked the house for things Sophie could and would get into (i.e. garbage can, food on counter, etc.).
  • Made sure all the windows were closed. 
  • Grabbed my purse, Renee's diaper bag, food bag and two blankets, my car keys and my sunglasses (forgot my cell phone, but didn't realize that until I got to school) all while holding Renee in my other arm.
  • Finally got out of the house, locked the door, buckled the baby into her car seat, packed the car with all the stuff and left!!
Whew, no wonder I'm exhausted today!

    5 comments:

    1. Go Mama, go!

      Whew is right! Sounds like MANY of my mornings...

      Being a working mom sometimes blows, doesn't it?

      Congrats on making sure everyone stayed alive and relatively happy today! You can always eat at your desk, right??? (I hope you got to eat a full meal today!)

      ReplyDelete
    2. It's funny you should congratulate me on keeping everyone alive. When I got home the house was SUPER hot. I walked in the kitchen and one of our gas stove burners was on high!!!! I didn't use the stove top that morning at all though, so the only thing I can figure happened was that Sophie must have tried to get at the cookie sheet (which I didn't have the energy/time to wash) on top of the stove and turned the knob on in the process. I guess now my Sophie dog house check has to include: Don't leave a dirty pan on the stove top! Man, thank goodness I didn't come home to a burnt down house!

      ReplyDelete
    3. YIIIIIIIIIKES! Can you pull your knobs off the stove? I do that now when our buddy Anthony comes over (16 months old) because he grabs at them. I don't think he can turn them yet, but I don't want to wait to find out. When I need to cook I just pull a knob out of the drawer and put it on the stove.

      I have a few suggestions for you (if you are interested) for ways to make your mornings and evenings run smoothly (which is of course a relative term since NOTHING is "smooth" with a baby around).

      ReplyDelete
    4. Any and all suggestions are welcome Julie :D Taking the knobs off the stove is great idea! Although, Sophie dog wouldn't go near the stove if I didn't leave a dirty pan on top of it :D But, it will be good for when Renee is older.

      ReplyDelete
    5. By the time you left the house, it must have felt like it was time to be returning to the house! Nothing like feeling the day should be over when it's just begun!

      Next time Jeffy gets to feeling so blue, have him read your morning. I don't think he would have survived it.

      Yes, things happened but so many of them could have been so much worse! Good lord, what a morning--and while some of it may have been unique the basic stuff is the stuff of every morning. Thank goodness your heart is bursting with love!

      ReplyDelete